Geek is the new sexy, or so they say, and nothing says stylish geek more than cosplaying. So, is cosplay the next fashion trend?
Halloween is a few weeks away, and it’s almost time for when kids and kids at heart get to put on their favourite costumes. These days though, there are people who wear cosplay costumes even when it’s not Halloween.
At first, it was really only during Halloween that people feel free to wear different kinds of costume, but nowadays it’s different. Cosplaying has gone from just a mere Halloween activity to becoming a hobby for many cosplayers all over the globe.
In the recent years, cosplayers get more and more serious with their hobby. A few has even made careers out of creating cosplay attires. But it’s not just the clothes of anime characters and superheroes that they try to imitate. They also try to become game characters. DOTA, Ragnarok and Final Fantasy characters are some of the cosplayer’s favorites.
The reason behind the cosplay fad may be because fans of comic superheroes and anime characters wish to be closer to the image of their favourite characters. It’s no wonder that they want to do so. Many anime characters are quite stylish, and the colour combinations and ensembles of their costumes are usually both classy and flashy.
From the hair color, hair style, the clothes and the footwear, everything catches attention. The style of a game character Hatsune Miku is all the rage, and so are the Sailormoon girls. Anime girls are cute and fashionable, with pink or blue hair and short skirts. As for the guy character, the tough and handsome style as that of Cloud of Final Fantasy is also popular.
With what’s going on, cosplay style may be the future of fashion.
Famous Cosplayers Around The Globe
Here are some of the most stylish cosplayers who are famous all over the globe.
1. Yaya Han, from the USA. This beautiful cosplayer was born in China but is now based in the US. She started cosplaying since 1999 after attending an Anime Expo. She was featured on the TV show Heroes of Cosplay and was a quest judge on the King of Nerds. She is also a regular judge at many cosplay competitions.
2. Alodia Gosengfiao, from the Philippines. She started cosplaying at the age of 15. She’s still dominating the field until now, and with almost 5 million Facebook followers, she is sometime’s dubbed as the queen of cosplay.
3. Spiral Cats, from South Korea. They can be cute if they want to, and they can be smoking hot too. These three girls are ready to take over the world of cosplay with their awesome style.
4. Adrianne Curry, from the USA. Everyone knows her as the first ever America’s Next Top Model winner. She just quit cosplay very recently, but she was quite an avid cosplayer. There was even one incident when she had defended her friend from a sexual assault dressed as a Catwoman.
5. Marie-Claude Bourbonnais, from Quebec, Canada. Aside from her classy cosplay style, this French-Canadian cosplayer is known for being a blonde bombshell model. She posed for many magazines already, and has about 16 thousand Twitter followers. She was also a speaker for many ComicCons all over the world.